The stormy weather pattern that we saw over the weekend will ease off to a cool and showery weather pattern for the South Coast.
Rainfall totals from last night at 5pm to 5am this morning:
- Vancouver Airport: 18mm
- Abbotsford: 24mm
- Powell River: 20mm
- Comox: 24mm
Winds were also a big part of the storm. Here are some of the peak wind gusts from Sunday night:
- Comox Airport 94 km/h
- Grief point (near Powell River) 93 km/h
- Sisters Island (Strait of Georgia) 102 km/h
- Discover island (off Victoria) 103 km/h
- Victoria gonzales 76 km/h
- Saturna Island 93 km/h
- Tsawwassen ferry terminal 81 km/h
- Point Atkinson (West Vancouver) 91 km/h
A broad upper level trough will keep the cool weather in place over the next few days. The onshore flow keeps showers in the forecast and the unstable airmass will lead to isolated thunderstorms. This unsettled weather pattern will last for the first half of the work week until a weak ridge builds in on Thursday.